Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Reinan Car Rally

Alright, so rather than writing every day it's looking like every...err, couple of weeks or so.

At any rate the car rally went very well, and a good time was had by all - although Doug was a wee bit irritated by the points mixup, I do believe the beer I gave him mollified his anger a bit.

I'll put up pictures as soon as I get them digitized. Our team came in second, which was a surprise to all of us I think. I credit Matt's driving skills and ability to eat...everything, actually; Heather's eagle vision, untainted by the foul mark of years of videogaming; Karl's desire to actually win, keep progressing in the direction of the goal, etc; and Pete's willingness to completely soak himself in freezing cold water repeatedly. However in the end we won because of my absolutely amazing egg-device, which will soon be studied by NASA for tips on keeping astronauts safe. Provided they're willing to wear lots of duct tape, anyway.

The organizers did a great job, and our team of misfit bums totally thanked them by running off during the cleanup operation. We're asses. For real.

Rob

No comments: